2021 marks a historic turning point in the existence of the Federation, as the Ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation du Québec has recognized the relevance of granting it the expansion of its territory to the whole of Quebec. Thus, as decided at the 2019 annual general meeting, the new name of the Federation is now Fédération de l’habitation coopérative du Québec (FHCQ-FECHIMM).
The procedure to follow
For your cooperative to become a member of the FHCQ-FECHIMM, you need the approval of your general assembly. A resolution stating this approval must be supplied with the application form duly completed. The memberhsip of your cooperative must be approved by the Board of directors of the FHCQ-FECHIMM and is also conditional to some criterias.
CONDITIONS OF THE MEMBERSHIP
To become a member of the Federation, a cooperative must :
- be incorporated according to the Law;
- have its head office and the majority of its operations on the Federation's territory;
- have signed a membership application form to the Federation ;
- abide by the general by-laws ;
- be accepted by the board of directors;
- subscribe the number of social shares as required by the general by-law in article 2.1 and pay them according to article 2.2 ;
- pay the annual fee as determined by the general assembly ;
- take part in the activities and in the operations of the Federation ;
- abide by the provisions of article 232 of the Law.
To become a member, every cooperative must also buy 10 qualification social shares of ten dollars ($10.00) each.
2021 ANNUAL CONTRIBUTION
$ 50.79 / housing for the first 50 units + $ 24.77 per additional dwelling
The cooperative that pays this contribution is a member of the Federation and enjoys the following benefits:
- Participation and voting rights at general meetings, conferences, etc.
- Free advice (online and by phone)
- Subscription of all renter members to CITÉCOOP magazine
- Access to the members section of the fechimm.coop and web page for the coop
- Low rates on insurance protection: buildings, directors' liability, personal property and auto
- Training credits
- Avantages COOP cards giving access to purchasing groupings for the cooperative and its members
- A wide range of services designed for housing co-ops
- Coop in formation $ 123.87 / year
- Housing committees, GRTs and acquiring corporations: $ 123.87 / year
For more information
514-843-6929, ext. 246