The reference for planning and implementing renovation projects in housing co-operatives
FECHIMM offers a range of comprehensive and professional services in the planning and implementation of renovation projects.
- Building’s health check
- Customized expertise
- Five year budget plan
- Assistance in your renovations
- EFFICIENT CO-OPS
FECHIMM’s technical advisors
- are able to perform property inspections, to properly estimate the cost of the work and plan their schedules
- master the rules of managing renovation projects
- master regulatory aspects related to buildings
- act in the interest of the co-operative at all times
Building’s health check (BSI)
The BSI is a visual inspection of the components of all housing units and all public areas, in addition to an assessment of the whole building and the land.
Your directors receive a detailed report identifying :
- significant disorders in each unit, common areas and the whole building
- an appropriate recommendation for each of the disorders found
- an estimate of the costs for each specific disorder and an overall assessment for each building
Carried out by one of FECHIMM’s technical advisor, the BSI allows you to properly plan your budgets and interventions over a 5 year period with an independent resource. The BSI can also assist in your refinancing efforts, if any.
Support in your renovation works
The completion of major renovation projects requires knowledge and skills that are not always available in a housing co-operative. Moreover, it is not easy to find members available to monitor projects that may take several weeks or months.
FECHIMM’s technical advisors respect the decision-making autonomy of directors and represent the cooperative vis-à-vis professionals, contractors and government agencies.
Their expertise include :
- planning the work in project mode
- calling for tenders and hiring professionals and/or contractors
- monitoring the work
- monitoring guarantees
The working methods of technical advisors :
- reduce risks associated with the projects
- provide better implementation cost control
- increase the level of quality of the work done
- ensure the administrative compliance of the projects with their vis-à-vis government agencies ## Mutualisation des travaux de rénovation
Pooling the renovation work
Your cooperative is planning on doing renovations? FECHIMM invites you to share your needs with those of other co-operatives in order to obtain more competitive prices and better conditions for your project to be successful..
Coops efficaces (Efficient Co-ops) is the support program for energy efficiency in Quebec housing co-operatives. Supported by Hydro-Quebec, the program provides financial assistance for ENERGY STAR windows and sliding glass doors replacement and to improve insulation of your coop.
FOR A SUPPORT REQUEST
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 514-843-6929 ext 353